Caltrans District 8 Strategic Direction Development
Development of a Five-Year Strategy
Caltrans District 8 recognized the need for a strategic direction that would create the foundation for setting priorities and making decisions over the next five years.
The plan would address opportunities and challenges through tangible goals, objectives, strategies, actions and implementation plans. It would be structured to support and operationalize the Caltrans Strategic Management Plan and the newly minted mission, vision, and goals.
The District 8 Strategic Direction Initiative was formed through the joint efforts of executives and a multi-discipline team working towards developing a five-year plan for the District.
- OBJECTIVEStrategic Planning
- TEAM15 person technical committee
- Develop a 5-year Strategic Direction for District 8
15workshops to develop district values
- VMS created a workplace profile for District 8 to better understand the current and desired culture
- Developed a District 8 mission statement to guide the Strategic Direction
- Developed six specific goals to guide the Strategic Direction
- Clarified six strategic issues to be addressed