The Value Methodology Fundamentals 2 training moves beyond the tools and techniques of the Value Methodology Fundamentals 1 training and focuses on areas critical to VM study leadership, program management, and management interaction, as well as information needed in preparation for the Certified Value Specialist exam. The course is a mixture of speaker input, case studies, and practice exercises used to facilitate group discussion. Participants will gain detailed knowledge of the VM concepts and techniques by active participation in the exercise/training sessions.
Course topics will include:
- Reviewing and expanding on Value Methodology concepts, standards, project, and team member selection/roles, as well as pre-workshop preparation.
- Behavioral psychology, change management, and facilitation skills.
- Advanced training in function analysis, FAST diagramming, creativity techniques, and idea evaluation.
- Review of financial evaluation, project risk/uncertainty, and life-cycle costing.
- Review of the management of in-house programs, the selling of VM study results, and how to break down institutional barriers to acceptance.
- Value change proposals and incentive methods.
This course will teach VM within the universal context of the “project” and will utilize the framework and terminology identified in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, 2013. VMS’s Value Methodology Fundamentals 2 course is based on the book, The Manual of Value Methodology, by Robert B. Stewart, CVS‐Life, FSAVE, PMP, PMI-RMP. This text provides a solid foundation for the practical application of this exciting body of knowledge.
To register, please contact email@example.com, or call (760) 741-5518.
To learn more about SAVE International certification click here: www.value-eng.org/page/Certification