Please note: SAVE® International will be publishing new Module 1 and Module 2 training guidelines on January 1, 2018.
The Module 2 seminar moves beyond the tools and techniques of Module 1 VM training and focuses on areas critical to VM study leadership, program management, and management interaction, as well as information needed in preparation for the Certified Value Specialist exam. The course is a mixture of speaker input, case studies, and practice exercises used to facilitate group discussion. Participants will gain detailed knowledge of the VM concepts and techniques by active participation in the exercise/training sessions.
Course topics will include:
- Reviewing and expanding on Value Methodology concepts, standards, project, and team member selection/roles, as well as pre-workshop preparation.
- Behavioral psychology, change management, and facilitation skills.
- Advanced training in function analysis, FAST diagramming, creativity techniques, and idea evaluation.
- Review of financial evaluation, project risk/uncertainty, and life-cycle costing.
- Review of the management of in-house programs, the selling of VM study results, and how to break down institutional barriers to acceptance.
- Value change proposals and incentive methods.
This course will teach VM within the universal context of the “project” and will utilize the framework and terminology identified in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, 2013. VMS’s Module II course is based on the book, Value Optimization for Project and Performance Management, by Robert B. Stewart, CVS‐Life, FSAVE, PMP, PMI-RMP. This text provides a solid foundation for the practical application of this exciting body of knowledge.
This course is an accredited SAVE International Module 2 Training Workshop and may be used toward initial CVS certification or toward AVS recertification. This course has also been accredited by the Project Management Institute (PMI®) and is worth 24 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
To register, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (760) 741-5518.
“PMI” and “PMBOK” are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.