Please note: SAVE® International will be publishing new Module 1 and Module 2 training guidelines on January 1, 2018.
This exciting and innovative course will provide learners from any discipline with a fundamental understanding of Value Methodology. VM is a practical body of knowledge that provides a proven means for improving projects, products, and services by focusing on value through the optimization of cost, performance, time, and risk.
This course is a traditional 40-hour training seminar, which has also been converted to a web-based format that allows participants to learn at their own pace while interacting with other students and the instructor(s). The successful completion of this course, which is a SAVE-approved Module 1 Value Methodology Training Workshop, allows students to apply for the Associate Value Specialist (AVS) certification through SAVE International. In addition, the course is approved by the Project Management Institute (PMI®), worth 40 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
This course will teach Value Methodology within the universal context of the “project” and will utilize the framework and terminology identified in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) – Fifth Edition, Project Management Institute, 2013.
This course is based on the book, Value Optimization for Project and Performance Management, by Robert B. Stewart, CVS®, F-SAVE, PMP®, PMI-RMP®. This acclaimed text provides a solid foundation for the practical application of this body of knowledge.
By providing learners with the means to practice and apply the techniques of VM, this course makes it possible to apply the material in exercises evaluated by the instructor. Demonstration of mastery of the material will occur in conjunction with a live project under the tutelage of a Certified Value Specialist. Upon the successful completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Accurately use the terminology of VM to describe and define Value Methodology, its uses, benefits, and characteristics
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history, development, and tools of Value Methodology
- Explain in detail the key concepts of value, cost, performance, time and risk; identify how these concepts affect projects in their area of expertise; apply techniques to define and improve the value of their project
- Develop a thorough understanding of the Value Methodology Job Plan and the application of Value Metrics to each phase of the VM Job Plan
- Use VM’s technical tools and techniques applicable to each of the above stages. These include:
- Function Analysis and FAST Diagramming
- Costing methods and approaches
- Communications and facilitation techniques for multi-disciplinary teams
- Creativity and evaluation techniques
- Alternative development and analysis
- Presentation techniques
- Change management techniques
- Understand how to apply the concepts and techniques on a “live” project during the training workshop
Upon the successful completion of this course, students may apply to SAVE International to take the Value Methodology Associate (VMA) – formerly the Associate Value Specialist (AVS) – examination. [Note that this course does not include the examination.]
The registration fee is $1,295 for individuals for online version of the course, but a discount is available to groups of 5 or more from the same organization who complete the course simultaneously ($995/participant). The fee includes login access to the e-learning site. The textbooks, Value Optimization for Project and Performance Management, by Robert B. Stewart, and the SAVE International® Function Analysis Guide are both available from amazon.com.
Please contact email@example.com, or call (760) 741-5518 to register or for more details on the classroom version of the course.
“PMI” and “PMBOK” are registered marks of Project Management Institute, Inc.