Project Delivery Document Management Systems Needs
Identification of a Comprehensive, Agency-wide Solution
A number of studies have already been conducted over the years pertaining to how Caltrans manages data, documents, and content across the organization.
While there are a number of systems being used for document management purposes across Districts and the Capital Outlay Support (COS) Divisions that participated, a single comprehensive solution does not exist within Caltrans.
This project focused on identifying the functional needs of the COS Divisions with an emphasis on project delivery. The purpose was to complete an investigation and prioritization of the current functional needs of those divisions.
- OBJECTIVEOrganization Effectiveness
- TEAM6 Caltrans Divisions
- LENGTH OF STUDYFebruary - June, 2016
- For each COS Division, assess their current document management systems and practices in order to identify risks, commonalities and inconsistencies
- Identify, analyze and prioritize key functional needs for document management
123document management functions
- Identified three primary strategies for improving and/or implementing a DMS. This includes systems options, deployment/roll out options and data migration options.
- Identified and refined the future steps necessary to carry the effort forward.