The essential risk assessment guide for civil engineering, design, and construction.
Risk management allows construction professionals to identify the risks inherent in all projects and to provide the tools for evaluating the probabilities and impacts to minimize the risk potential. This book introduces risk as a central pillar of project management and shows how a project manager can be prepared for dealing with uncertainty. Written by experts in the field, Risk Management for Design and Construction uses clear, straightforward terminology to demystify the concepts of project uncertainty and risk.
- Integrated cost and schedule risk analysis
- An introduction to a ready-to-use system of analyzing a project’s risks and tools to proactively manage risks
- A methodology that was developed and utilized by the Washington State Department of Transportation
- Case studies and examples on the proper application of principles
- Information about combining value analysis with risk analysis