The president of VMS, Rob Stewart, has authored two books on the management of value and risk published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Discover the proven process for maximizing the potential value of any project.
Showing readers how to apply value optimization techniques to project and performance management, dramatically increasing results, and efficiency, Value Optimization for Project and Performance Management is written to complement the Project Management Body of Knowledge Guide (PMBOK® Guide), the guidance published by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®, making it readily applicable for any project manager.
This book presents methodology applied with hundreds of clients across a range of industries:
- Filled with practical facilitation and implementation tips
- Presents a cohesive theory, structured framework, and diverse toolset
- Walks you through the value optimization process, showing you how to transform the way a product or process is perceived
Brimming with examples, Value Optimization for Project and Performance Management provides a link to a free software demo for you to get started in applying value optimization in your own organization.
The essential risk assessment guide for civil engineering, design, and construction.
Risk management allows construction professionals to identify the risks inherent in all projects and to provide the tools for evaluating the probabilities and impacts to minimize the risk potential. This book introduces risk as a central pillar of project management and shows how a project manager can be prepared for dealing with uncertainty. Written by experts in the field, Risk Management for Design and Construction uses clear, straightforward terminology to demystify the concepts of project uncertainty and risk.
- Integrated cost and schedule risk analysis
- An introduction to a ready-to-use system of analyzing a project’s risks and tools to proactively manage risks
- A methodology that was developed and utilized by the Washington State Department of Transportation
- Case studies and examples on the proper application of principles
- Information about combining value analysis with risk analysis